- Material support: sets of materials supported by Kuesa 3D Studio during export
- Feature enablers: properties or items that can be leveraged later by the developers (like layers)
- glTF™ exporter: export the scene in glTF™ format
New for designers in Kuesa 1.2
- Iro Materials: materials to simulate reflections, paints with clear coats or simple transparent surfaces
- Support for Blender 2.8:
- extensions to allow exporting Iro Materials to glTF 2.0 files.
- updated Kuesa Blender add-on to show a real time WYSIWYG preview of the Iro Materials in Blender.
- Improved animation: animate material, lights or camera properties in Blender, export the scene as a glTF file (with the extensions) and load it with Kuesa Runtime.
Iro Materials Library
New Iro Materials provide 3D designers with an intuitive, artistic way of working. They furnish designers with a catalog of materials that can simulate common surface properties (such as reflections, clear-coated paint, and transparency), giving great looking results with less designer and GPU overhead. They can be fully integrated into DCC tools like Blender, giving an exact WYSIWYG during asset creation and letting the designer examine and adjust the final visual result during modeling. Iro Materials are 90% less complex than PBR materials and thus more performant and low risk when deploying on low end / embedded hardware.
Get in touch:
KDAB's experts can not only support you to get started with Kuesa 3D Studio through on-site training classes and workshops, but also integrate, customize and optimize the workflow and code for your application, if that's what you require. Contact us to get a free evaluation.