Kuesa 3D makes designers’ lives much easier. It seamlessly integrates into your favorite design tool, like 3ds Max®, Maya or Blender, adding new features: e.g. Material support, feature enablers and glTF™ exporter. You stay in control of your design during the whole development process. Changes can easily and quickly be added to the 3D application via glTF 2.0 exporter.
With Kuesa 3D designers use the professional 3D design tool they know best to create the 3D scenes. Tools such as Maya® and Blender have all the features needed to create stunning animations in a very efficient way. The Kuesa 3D digital content creation plugins integrate into the 3D design tool to add new features:
- Material support: sets of materials supported by Kuesa 3D Studio during export
- Iro Materials: materials to simulate reflections, paints with clear coats or simple transparent surfaces
- Feature enablers: properties or items that can be leveraged later by the developers (like layers)
- animations: animate material, lights or camera properties in your 3D design tool, and then export the scene as a glTF 2.0 file (with the extensions) and load it with Kuesa Runtime.
- Animation groups
- glTF™ exporter: export the scene in glTF 2.0 format
Iro Materials Library
New Iro Materials provide 3D designers with an intuitive, artistic way of working. They furnish designers with a catalog of materials that can simulate common surface properties (such as reflections, clear-coated paint, and transparency), giving great looking results with less designer and GPU overhead. They can be fully integrated into DCC tools like Blender, Maya or 3ds Max, giving an exact WYSIWYG during asset creation and letting the designer examine and adjust the final visual result during modeling. Iro Materials are 90% less complex than PBR materials and thus more performant and low risk when deploying on low end / embedded hardware.
Kuesa 3D's Iro Materials features include:
- extensions to allow exporting Iro Materials to glTF 2.0 files.
- add-ons to show a real time WYSIWYG preview of the Iro Materials.
Kuesa 3D Studio is based on top of PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials which approximate real world physics in real-time with a photo-realistic result. The materials used in the 3D design tool and the engine are the same, so the result will look alike in both applications.
KUESA 3D Studio Designer workflow - Part 1
KUESA 3D Studio Designer Workflow - Part 2
KUESA 3D Studio Designer Workflow - Part 3
Get in touch
KDAB's experts can not only support you to get started with Kuesa 3D Studio through on-site training classes and workshops, but also integrate, customize and optimize the workflow and code for your application, if that's what you require. Contact us to get a free evaluation.