- Imports glTF™ files, with specific Kuesa 3D extensions
- Supports PBR materials
- Includes IRO Materials
- Provides an optimized default frame graph (high level description of the OpenGL pipeline configuration)
- Gives full access to the scene items via collections
Kuesa 3D Studio is based on top of PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials which approximate real world physics in real-time with a photo-realistic result. The materials used in the 3D design tool and the engine are the same, so the result will look alike in both applications.
Physically-based rendering (PBR) can generate amazing images, but not all embedded systems have enough processing power to handle it. Also, without knowing the actual physics, PBR isn’t easily tweakable to simulate materials such as a pre-defined bitmap that needs to appear glossy. For these cases, or any other where PBR may be overkill, KUESA 3D Studio supports the Iro Material Library. This library provides a catalog of materials that can simulate common surface properties (such as reflections, clear-coated paint, and transparency) and gives great looking results with less designer and GPU overhead. Iro Materials are 90% less complex than PBR materials and thus more performant and low risk when deploying on low end / embedded hardware.
Give it a try
KUESA™ 3D Studio is available under a commercial license with a 30-day free trial. Contact us to arrange the free trial.
New for developers in Kuesa 1.2
- Ability to load custom glTF materials
- Improved / simplified API (e. g. for binding property changes of asset nodes in QML)
- Profiling capabilities (as part of Qt3D (Qt 5.15 upwards)
- Animation extension (parse custom animation(-properties))
Since it is built on top of Qt 3D, you can use the full Qt 3D API to further customize your application.
Get in touch:
KDAB's experts can not only support you to get started with Kuesa 3D Studio through on-site training classes and workshops, but also integrate, customize and optimize the workflow and code for your application, if that's what you require. Contact us to get a free evaluation.